''Space Window'' Stained Glass Pendant
$62.99 Member Price
Each glass pendant is meticulously handcrafted from conception to completion in a Manhattan, New York studio by Sixpence Jewelry.
- Each glass pendant has a frosted-back finish and is fully waterproof.
- Pendant hangs on a 16" chain with a 3" extension and a lobster clasp.
- Chain has a gun-metal finish.
Stained Glass Window Inspiration:
- Nave, South Main Arcade, Bay 5 (Warren Bay)
- "Space" (1973)
- Artist: Rodney Winfield
- Fabricator: Robert Frei Studio
- Commemorating the exploration of space, the color palette for this window was inspired by photographs taken during the Apollo 11 mission. A single design across all three lancets to suggest the great expanse of the universe traces man's journey from earth to the moon. In the center of the sphere representing the moon is a small round white piece of glass. this glass encapsulates the precious basalt moon rock brought back by the Apollo 11 mission and given to the Washington National Cathedral on April 21, 1974.